World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. In 2010 we expect to reach more than 90 million people with food assistance in over 70 countries. WFP is part of the United Nation system and voluntarily funded.
WFP Nordic Office in Copenhagen is responsible for advocacy and public outreach across the Nordic region in collaboration with partners, stakeholders and colleagues in the field as well as WFP’s headquarters. Through our internship programme we employ students from Norway, Sweden and Finland respectively, as one way of ensuring perspectives from the Nordic region. WFP is based in the UN house in Copenhagen. Under the direct supervision of WFP in the Nordic Office, your main duties are:
- Public Outreach
o Maintain and expand WFP media network within the respective countries
o Translate and pitch corporate press-releases through media contacts and beyond
o Edit and update the language website
o Generate and translate content for the website and in social media
o Work on specific campaigns and outreach activities
o Host visits and make presentations to groups visiting WFP Nordic office
- Partnership Relations
o Maintain relations and facilitate partnerships with NGOs and corporate partners
o Place ads and Public Service Announcements
o Support donor relations in the respective country during official visits
o Participate in joint UN activities in Copenhagen when relevant
- Media monitoring
o Monitor national media on issues related to work and mandate of WFP
o Follow up on NGO activities relevant to the mandate of WFP
o Report on relevant developments in government policies in the respective countries
- University level enrolment throughout the internship period is a precondition.
- Please indicate expected date of graduation clearly.
- A bachelor degree is desirable and/or skills and maturity gained from relevant jobs or internships, in particular experience with electronic media
- Ongoing studies in communication, journalism, political science, sociology, development studies or another relevant field.
- Verbal and written fluency in Swedish, Finnish or Norwegian as relevant to the respective country under which you apply.
- A good command of written and spoken English, which is the working language in office.
- A good command of MS Office and preferably experience with content management systems (wfp.org uses Drupal).
- A network of media contacts in country of origin
- Experience in Public Information work
- Experience working in a national or international organization, relevant to the humanitarian field
- Experience in social media
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or InDesign
WFP pays a monthly remuneration equivalent of U$ 500.
Application in English, including CV and a cover letter should be e-mailed to email@example.com latest by November 21 2010.
Please make sure to state your respective country (Finland, Norway or Sweden) and “WFP internship” in the subject line. Interviews are scheduled to take place in early December.
World Food Programme
Tel.: +45 35 46 71 34
For more information on WFP please visit www.wfp.org
WFP’s internship programme: http://www.wfp.org/about/vacancies/internship